Pima County Recorder Seal Pima County Recorder's Office
F. Ann Rodriguez, Pima County Recorder  
F. Ann Rodriguez

Pima County

Ballot by Mail Request

How to request a ballot by mail when there is an election you are eligible for. Request a ballot by mail

A separate request must be made for each person requesting a ballot by mail. Primary and General Election ballots may be ordered on the same request form. All other elections must be ordered on separate request forms.

How to return your voted ballot by mail. Place your voted ballot ballot by mail in the postage paid envelope provided to you, seal and sign the envelope, then return it to us by doing one of the following:
  • Mail to Pima County Recorder, P.O. Box 3145, Tucson AZ 85702-3145
  • Deliver in person to 240 N Stone Ave
  • Drop it off at any Pima County polling place on election day.
You must sign the ballot envelope in order for your ballot to be processed. Ballots must be returned by 7:00 PM on election day.
Who may request a ballot by mail.
  • You must be registered to vote at least 29 days before the election day.
  • You must be 18 years of age on or before the day of the election.
  • You must reside within the jurisdiction to qualify to vote for that election.
  • To check if you are eligible for any elections at this time, click here.
When to request ballot by mail. Ballots by mail may be requested up to 90 days before the election.
The last day to request a ballot by mail is 11 days prior to the election. Requests must be received by the Pima County Recorder's Office prior to 5:00 PM on that date.
When to expect your ballot by mail. Beginning 26 days prior to an election, ballots by mail are processed and mailed within 48 hours after receipt of your request.
What to do if you have damaged your ballot by mail. Contact our office at (520) 724-4330.
Military Personnel Complete a Federal Post Card Registration and Absentee (ballot by mail) Request Form (FPCA). This may be obtained from your base Election Officer or from our office. The FPCA form may be returned to our office by mail, fax or email. For further information about completing the FPCA, click here.
Pima County voters residing Overseas You should complete an FPCA form which are available at all United States Embassy and Consulate offices around the world. The FPCA form may be returned to our office by mail, faxor email . For further information about completing the FPCA, click here.